I have been drinking kombucha almost every day, and it has become an essential part of my life. Let me introduce this healthy drink, kombucha.
Kombucha is a fermented black tea full of probiotics that make your gut healthy. It is a naturally carbonated tea with a variety of flavor. It is made from a fermentation process of a sweet black tea through SCOBY (symbiotic colony of bacteria and yeast).
Kombucha is known to be originated from the ancient China. Due to its health benefits as well as its naturally fizzy taste, kombucha has gained its reputation lately in the western world as well. Although there are quite many who enjoy kombucha nowadays, still it has not yet gained the popularity in general.
Why brew from home?
- For most, the actual cost to brew is far cheaper than buying from store.
- Also you have more control over the taste with unlimited flavors.
- Home-brewed kombucha taste better than a store-bought one!
When you get to have a constant supply of kombucha, it feels so good to enjoy this rare drink without having a guilty feeling that I had when I used to drink a soda.
is it complex to brew Kombucha?
How does it work?
It takes two steps – 1st and 2nd fermentation processes. You can find the detailed recipe from here.
- 1st fermentation takes 5-10 days to ferment a black sweet tea.
- 2nd fermentation takes 1-3 days to flavor and adds fizziness into the drink.
Although you can drink the tea anytime in the process, I recommend going through the 2nd fermentation for fizziness and refreshing flavors.
Like this post? Share with the world!
Related posts in this category: